Initial development, process control, improvement and ongoing maintenance activities are critical to delivering a robust, usable control system. Whether your system consists of PLC and HMI / SCADA, DCS or fully Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS), solid design principles will benefit your business throughout its life.
We have extensive experience and expertise in both the initial design, maintenance and improvement of control systems:
- Alarm management – EEMUA 191 / BS EN 62682:2015
- Alarm assessment policies and procedures
- Alarm response manuals
- Rationalisation and improvements
- Proactive maintenance strategies
- HMI & Control Room Design – EEMUA 201
- Assessment and improvements to comply with international standards
- Design reviews guided by function, installation / commissioning activities, maintenance and future updates
- Vendor package management and integration
- Remote IO and non-centralised architectures inclusive of simplified Integrity Level (IL) rated trip functions
Ensuring that a system is capable of detecting and averting a potentially unsafe situation is much more than buying the correct equipment. Adhering to IEC61508 / IEC61511 isn’t just paperwork and plugging equipment in correctly.
The various stages of a Functional Safety Lifecycle are key to maintaining the integrity of an instrumented system from concept through decommissioning.
We can aid with developing and maintaining the integrity at any or all stages of the lifecycle.
- Integrity Level Assessments (SIL, EIL, CIL)
- Layers Of Protection Analysis facilitation and verification (LOPA)
- Safety Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Safety Management Plan (SMP)
- Integrity Level verification – legacy and new functions
- Functional Safety Assessments (FSA)
- Maintenance strategies and procedures
- Technical training – Maintenance and Engineering
- Competency benchmarking, personnel assessments and training
A stable process that can mitigate against most disturbances is vital in maintaining plant throughput. Avoiding shutdowns, costly start-ups and wasted product inevitably increases profit.
We have a wealth of experience identifying troublesome equipment and strategies, in addition to the use of smart-tools to quickly provide a robust process control system.
- Strategy development and improvement
- Troubleshooting – strategies and equipment
- Onsite PID loop optimisation with minimal disruption
- Practical and theory based training packages